Padovan Method of Neurofunctional Reorganization is a holistic therapeutic approach that recalls neuro-developmental stages in order to enable maturation or restore the nervous system. Our nervous system functions are organized in different areas:
- Autonomous nervous system
Understanding each of the functions of our nervous system , we understand the method as a guide and help to restore or rehabilitate the lost functions and/or achieve our full potential. The main principles/pillars of the Padovan Method are:
- The developmental process of walking, talking and thinking
- The neurological organization of the nervous system
- Observation of the human being in its natural evolution
- Oral functions
Padovan Therapy stimulate the central nervous system via exercises, a sequence of exercises which reassembling the neurophysiological development phases of walking, talking and thinking.
- Walking. In Padovan Therapy, we take care of the development of all the motor area. The base of our milestones, nervous system and neurological development. It is the primary need for us to make sure that your child or adult has good balance, vestibular system, coordination and execution of movements.
- Speaking. While we take care of the Motor Area, in Padovan we also work and focus on the speech development through songs, vocalizations and oral motor exercises that will help your child or adult to achieve the full potential.
- Thinking. We also focus on the cognitive areas as memory, attention, cognitions, problem solving, visual area, recognition, sorting and matching skills, and more.
This method can be applied to babies, children, adults and elderlies adapting the sequence of exercise to their abilities and needs.
Who can benefit from Padovan Therapy?
- TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury)
- CVA (Cardio Vascular Accident)
- MS (Multiple sclerosis)
- Parkinson´s Desease
- Cerebral Palsy
- TMJD (Temporal-mandibular joint dysfunction)
- Sensory Processing Difficulties